Sunday, June 24, 2012

Manicure in a Pinch

First, let me just say that I am sorry that I have been so slow in updating. I have been working a lot lately and have found myself too tired to think!! 

Second, on with the show:

As I have said before I have a small obsession with pretty nails. I get my nails done every few weeks (acrylics, not shellac...my natural nail is too damned thin!), and I love to indulge in a cute accent nail. It came down the pike that I couldn't get my nails done for longer than I would have liked. The outgrowth wasn't pretty, and the polish was starting to rub off. I myself couldn't paint my nails for shite and I didn't want to pay for a polish change...what's a girl to do?!



Enter Sally Hansen Salon Effect polish! For under $10, I was able to revitalize my nails and be able to get through the next couple weeks without error.  The nicest part was that it worked on my acrylics just as much as it would on natural nails. They give you a double sided emery board and an orange wood stick just to make it all possible.


They come in strips that you stick to nails that have been roughed up with the emery board.  You find the nail that is the right shape for your cuticle, using either side of the strip. You peel the clear backing, remove the tap, place and press. Make sure you wrap the strip over the free edge of your nail, this will make the manicure last longer. Use the fine side of the emery board to remove excess strip and voila! 

I managed 2 weeks out of the above polish strips before I went back to my nail tech. They still looked so good when I sat with her that the first thing she said when she saw them was "Who did you cheat on me with?!" You can imagine her surprise when I told her that I did them myself in the car while my husband was driving.

So, long story short, if you're anything like me when you are trying to paint your own nails...you know, left hand looks amazing, right hand looks like you set a Labrador with a polish brush in it's mouth on your hand...then this is the best stuff for you. I really liked that I didn't have to add a clear coat and the strips stayed shiny and unblemished for two weeks. It was WAY more than I expected.

As always, if you have any ideas, please let me know! I am always up for suggestions. Have a beautiful day, my lovelies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment