Friday, June 1, 2012

Hair Crack?!

OK, so I know what you're thinking...well, maybe not, but I sure know what I thought when I saw this! Someone actually MADE hair crack?! That's a total rip on Beauty Shop (if you haven't seen it, it stars Queen Latifah, Alicia Silverstone, Della Reese, Mena Suvari, Andie MacDowell, Alfre Woodward, and Kevin Bacon...totally amused me). Queen Latifah's character came up with a concoction that she called "Hair Crack", and it was supposed to tame the most unruly hair. A friend of mine brought this product to my attention a week or so ago, so I went on the hunt for information and possibly to buy this glorious product. My friend told me that it tamed her hair and made it totally manageable. How can I resist a product like that?!


ProLocks provides several claims for Crack:
• Lightweight, super moisturizing hair fix
• Smooths split ends
• Protects from UVA/UVB rays and chlorine
• Provides barrier from heat and thermal styling
• Adds shine and slip without making hair greasy
• Keeps hair healthy and polished all day

The more I heard, the more I had to try. First hiccup: ProLocks doesn't sell this product, or anything for that matter, on their website. Sad day. Marching forward! I started looking all over the internet for the best deal, when I stumbled upon bigdaddybeauty.com, where they were selling ProLocks Crack for $12.99, about $2 less than anywhere else that I had seen. (They also sell Earthly Body Marrakesh X...see this article from earlier this week). So a couple days after I order it, it get here, and the box not only had my Crack, but several samples!! Loved it!

I read the directions and tried my Crack the next morning. When you use it, all you have to do is use your regular shampoo and wash your hair as normal. From there you towel dry after your shower and place a small amount of Crack into your hair, working it in from tip to root and comb it through. I did just as it said, not adding any of my tertiary products. After blow drying and flat ironing, I was pleased with the result, though I wasn't jazzed about the film it left on my hair. It did seem to help my hair resist the urge to humitidy-poof, so I was very happy about that.

Day two, I decided I add in my usual styling products into the mix. I was horribly displeased with what happened. To my dismay, my bangs were dried out and crinkling by the end of the day, I even had several pieces break off. Not what I expected at all. Infact, it was so bad, that come the next day, I couldn't stand the idea of my hair feeling filmy and dried out again, that I opted to skip the treatment and go back to my conditioner, which, by the way, cured what ailed my sad, sad, hair.

All said and done, I didn't feel like it gave me the results I was hoping for, especially with all of the internet hype. 4/10 stars for my final review. Good enough for one day, but I won't be doubling up on this again.

All right my lovlies, I need some help! I want to do an article on home solutions that people use for beauty care. I have several tricks and tips that I use regularly that I want to share, but I would love to hear what you have to say too (you'll get credit for your awesome input, of course). Send me an email! I can't wait to see what you all come up with!

Have a beautiful day!

2 comments:

  1. It sucks that the product didn't work how you wanted to, but I'm wondering...do you think it might be a good product for Dee Jay's hair? It's very coarse and dry, partly because that's its nature to be that way and partly because he relaxes it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He needs to replace the moisture...stat! Try here: http://www.treasuredlocks.com/hair-repair.html, worse case scenario, he may have to trim some hair off. Find a good stylist that specializing in ethnic hair, and they will able able to get some good salon quality treatments :)

    ReplyDelete