Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Manicures Made Easier

Happy Tuesday my lovelies! I hope your week is going well.  Today, I was thinking about doing a little bit of information on some nail products. If you're anything like me, you may be seriously into nail care. I have a small nail polish habit, I'll admit it...but nothing that needs 12 steps. Lately I have been into magnetic nail polish. These polishes give a really cool 3D effect. Magnetic nail polish used to only be available across the pond, and to get it over here would cost an exorbitant fee. Now, many different companies are making this nail polish available to us here in the good ol' USA!


Out of the ones that I have tried, I prefer Finger Paints. This is the nail polish brand by Sally Beauty Supply. Usually they are on special, and I personally like the color choices better. the only problem is that there is only 1 choice for magnetic pattern. This is easy enough to solve, though. At Sally's they also sell China Glaze Magnetix. In this line, there is a small hand held magnet available that has three different designs on it.


Creating magnetic nail polish designs is easy enough all by yourself. First apply your clear base coat, then follow with one coat of the magnetic polish of your choice. Allow this to dry completely. Next, begin applying your second coat of magnetic polish. As you finish each nail, take the magnet design of your choice and hover it over the nail for 15-20 seconds. When you remove the magnet, your 3D nail art is complete. Once finished, follow with your favorite quick dry clear coat and voila! Kick ass unique manicure all on your own!


When it comes to finishing an at home manicure, the hardest part is waiting. Getting those nails to dry can be hell. I have bumped, rippled and cause "sheet marks" on so many paint jobs, that I can barely stand it. I have found a way to make this so much easier! China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat followed by OPI Drip Dry


Fast Forward is a super glossy top coat. I love that it comes close to the appearance of a gel coat. I find it stays shinier, longer than other brands. My favorite benefit is actually the smell. This stuff smells nothing like regular nail polish. My sister has always said it smells like gummy bears. I just like that it doesn't smell like crappy nail polish and paint thinners.

Drip Dry is something I carry with my every time I go to get a fill. A couple of drops on each nail after your top coat is applied and you'll be dry before you know it. Its not fool proof, but it does up your chances on having a pretty, long lasting, smudgeless manicure. This stuff is made with jojoba and vitamin E and makes your cuticles happier on top of drying polishes.

Everything here, minus the OPI Drip Dry, can be bought at Sally's. Finger Paints Magnetic Effects polishes retail for $6.99 and come in 4 colors, China Glaze Magnetix Magnet goes for $3.29, and China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat is $5.99. All prices of polishes are lower if you have a Beauty Club Card. OPI is a little trickier...if you are a license cosmetologist, aesthetician, or nail tech, then you can find OPI products at CosmoProf, otherwise you'll have to check your local retailers.

Thats it for today, my lovlies! Let me know if there is something you want me to try or if you have any questions about today's products, I am always available for answers!! Until next time, have a great week.



No comments:

Post a Comment