Sunday, May 13, 2012

Modern F...riction

Hello my lovelies! I know I just posted last night, but I decided to give you another taste of some cool stuffage.

I have problems with rough elbows. I lean on my desk at home, I lean on my desk at work, and I lean at the kitchen table...the basic idea is that I put my elbows through hell. A couple years ago, when I was living in Fresno, California, I walked into Origins. It was close to my house and I was bored to tears. I was perusing the shelves when a sweet sales lady came up to me as asked if I had anything I wanted to try. I politely declined and she then asked if there were any issues with my skin that I may want looked at. Now I am a sucker for skin care, and I know I have issues all over. The most pressing one THAT day was the killer elephant elbows that I was rocking. She presented me with a product called Modern Friction.



Origins website ( http://origins.com ) says this about Modern Friction:
"Nature's protocol for age-smoothing exfoliation.
Corn Cob Extract plus body-brightening Scutellaria rapidly help reduce visible evidence of sun exposure, ashiness, crepey skin and uneven patches. Roughness-removing Rice Starch helps resurface to restore radiance. Purple Rice from China helps diffuse environmental damage-doers before they can create discolorations. Shea Butter smoothes away sandpapery skin. And Amazonian Cupuacu Butter works to restore suppleness. Glowing results are apparent after just one treatment. Bodies reveal decreased appearance of crepiness and freckling. Skin feels so sleek and satiny the years seem to slip away. One more perk: the aromas of Bergamot and Lemon."



Pretty fancy, no? Let me give you the skinny on this stuff.  The directions are simple: ` 1 - Apply this creamy, body-rejuvenating buffing paste liberally to dry skin. Focus on age-prone zones: arms, chest, hands, thighs, shoulders and shins. 2 - Wait a minutes, then massage gently in circular motions. 3 - Hit the shower, massage and rinse.


Its true, this is one creamy product, but its very grainy. The bits of corn cob are responsible for that, and that's great because it helps remove the dead, aging skin. It feels bizarre as you are massaging this on the skin the first time.  There is lots of drag and the corn pieces sort of tickle and sort of scrape.  When you hop in the shower, get only a little water on your skin at first, it causes the cream to foam up. You get some great movement out of it then, and can really start to feel improvement right away. 


Be careful as you rinse this off, though, the corn causes quite a mess. You'll find bits in the shower for days, and it can get stuck under your nails.


What I have learned from this product is that you really don't want to use it more than once a week, It can be harsh on your skin and cause chaffing and rashes. Also, don't ever use is on your face. There are far better facial exfoliators than this one, and Modern Friction is not made for the face anyway.


You can buy it in an Origins store, or on their website. It retails for $36 for the 7oz bottle and if you want o try the facial friendly version, that retails for $37.50 for 4.2oz.


Until next time, my lovelies! Happy Mother's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment